We are Access Cornwall CIC. Company number 11771855. Our website address is: https://accesscornwall.org.uk.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information and to provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better.
However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which
offers guidance for all modern browsers.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you information that we think you may find interesting.
Those who sign up to our newsletter do so through the third party email marketing service Mailerlite. Click here to see details of how Mailerlite processes personal data.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe button on the email messages.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
From time to time we will run promotions where we will ask permission to share your details with third parties.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information to contact you regarding news about Access Cornwall CIC, you may
change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If you have subscribed to our newsletter, we may use your personal information to send you information that we think you may find interesting.
• You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016. A small administration fee of £10 will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Access Cornwall CIC,
Lyncot, Newtown in St Martin, Helston, TR12 6DP.
• If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
• If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority.
• Access Cornwall CIC will respond to your request within 30 days from the receipt of the request. If it is unable to respond within this time period, it will send a notice of explanation and extension. If Access Cornwall CIC is not able to disclose all personal information, it will provide, by return correspondence, the reason for not doing so.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.